What are the differences between raw hair vs virgin hair?
If you have used hair extensions before, you may have heard of the term “Remy hair”. You may also have heard the term “virgin hair”. However, have you ever heard of raw hair? If you have no idea about Virgin hair and Raw hair well then you probably cannot distinguish them. Follow this Luxshine post and you will know what raw hair is and the differences between raw hair and virgin hair.
What is raw hair?
Raw hair is 100% untreated hair collected from a donor. It has never been chemically treated or had any heat or steam treatment effects on it. Raw hair extensions have a natural state, unlike virgin hair. The raw hair organics are the highest quality, purest, and most natural form of hair available on the market. Raw hair looks very natural and blends very well with your hair. The bundles are full and can last up to 5 years with proper care.
The downside of raw hair is diversity. When it comes to raw hair, the manufacturers are sourcing hair directly from donors and the hair then has to go through a rigorous sanitizing process.
Most of the donors come from India, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Burma. The hair textures of these donors have not changed much so you will not easily get trendy hairstyles such as curly curls or body waves if any. Raw hair is generally less silky when compared to virgin hair. Raw hair extensions can also be available in curly hairstyles.
The beauty of raw hair wholesale is that no two bundles are alike. They will not be too different in appearance but never exactly the same, and that is because the hair is not steamed to produce uniform patterns.
The definition of raw hair is used to imply that the hair is not only chemically and thermally treated but that it belongs to a single donor.
A donor’s hair is a bundle of hair that has only been cut from one donor. With the demand for raw hair, it is increasingly difficult for large hair business companies to consistently supply the full bundle of donor’s hair.
So raw hair organics can also mean multiple donors as long as the hair is not handled in any way.
Raw hair features
- Hair comes from the same person or donor
- Raw hair is 100% untreated hair
- Premium quality
- 100% of human hair
- The cuticle is aligned
- Hair has not been chemically treated or steamed.
- There are 3 basic textures: straight, wavy, and curly.
Raw hair types
Here are the most popular raw hairstyles:
- Raw Indian Hair: Indian Hair is extremely popular and favored by customers and usually comes in lighter browns. It could be an expert if you need to blend in with lighter natural shades.
- Raw Vietnamese Hair: Raw Vietnamese Hair is a bomb in straight texture. It is super smooth and perfect for a glossy look. This hair texture is also great for blending with natural hair.
- Raw Cambodian Hair: This hair is very full body and is most known to have curls available.
What is virgin hair?
Virgin hair is human hair that has not been chemically treated, collected from a single donor. The virgin hair is not altered by dye, curling, bleach, or over-washing. All cuticles are intact and move in the same direction.
This can also be treated with steam, which is how textures like deep waves, kinky curly, body waves… Virgin hair is most common in Brazil, Vietnam, Malaysia, India, and Peru. Virgin hair is incredibly popular because you can dye, cut, and bleach your hair and treat it as your own.
Virgin hair features:
- 100% human hair
- Come from a donor
- Premium quality
- Has not been chemically treated – including dyes, bleaches, or colors
- Do not straighten, curl, iron, dry, curl, etc.
- The hair cuticle is not damaged
What are the differences between raw hair and virgin hair?
Virgin hair is steamed to achieve a variety of textures. Raw hair extensions are not altered in any way by steaming or chemical treatment. It is very important to remember that raw hair is all virgin hair but not all virgin hair results in raw hair organics. This is the main difference between virgin and raw hair.
As the popularity of hair extensions grows, consumers are increasingly educated about the options available to them in terms of price, quality, and variety.
With various types of hair extensions on the market today, from wigs to bundles, raw hair to virgin hair, and more, it is hard to understand the true meaning of what is really out there in the hair extension field.
How do you know if it’s real raw hair?
The absolute truth is no 100% foolproof to decipher whether the hair is raw hair (or really virgin hair) until you try it yourself.
Here are a few ways that will help you with your purchase:
- If you see the word RAW in the product name, it is your indicator. If not, it could still be the virgin hair marketed like India or etc. This is simply because of its popularity.
- Check the word RAW or RAW GRADE in the product description and even the product’s discussion area.
- Ask the company: An email or a quick call is worth it, especially if you are planning to invest money in it.
- Read reviews. Should not ignore this, especially if it’s your first time buying hair from a company. Reviews give you insights into the customer experience and their true thoughts on the hair. Sometimes the reviews will be on the company’s product page, and sometimes you will have to dig deeper and do a google search or even a YouTube search.
- Finally, try the hair. The best way to know is to try the hair for yourself. As soon as you touch it, brush it and examine it, etc. while still in its bundle. That way, you can return it or exchange it (depending on company policy) if you do not like it. If there is something wrong then don’t hesitate trying another store! Otherwise, the signs will show themselves after a while.
There are pros and cons to each type of hair, and Luxshine offers only the best of each . Good quality hair extension is always a good choice whether it is raw hair extensions or virgin hair! No matter what you choose, you will be able to find something that you may like. We hope this article helps answer any questions about raw hair and virgin hair, know the difference and choose the one that works best for you!