Hair extensions have developed as significant tools in the cosmetic environment, notably improving women’s confidence and looks. The unique design of hand-tied weft extensions stands out among these. They stand out from the crowd with their feather-light feel and faultless, seamless integration. The elaborate tying procedure gives a sense of class. However, the slim and delicate appearance of hand-tied wefts raises questions about their durability. Are you curious about the lifespan of these opulent strands? This blog will unlock a secret. Discover helpful hints and ideas for extending the life of your weft and making the most of your investment!
How long do hand-tied weft extensions last?
The durability of hand-tied weft extensions is a prevalent concern among individuals considering this form of hair improvement. “How long do hand-tied weft extensions last?” is a common question among those considering investing in these extensions. Fortunately, longevity is not an issue because hand-tied weft extensions are famed for their long-lasting impact.
Hand-tied weft extensions typically retain their quality and beauty for an amazing 8-15 months. This increased lifespan adds great value to the investment, making it an excellent alternative for people looking for a long-term solution to their hair demands.
After 3-6 weeks of use, it will require reinstallation to be cleaned and cared for, as well as strategies to extend its life. To assist you, we have provided some tips and ideas for extending your hand-tied extensions below.
5 Tips to Make Your Hand-Tied Extensions Last Longer
Here are some tips that you could consider to prolong your extensions.
Choosing High Quality of Hand-Tied Extensions
To begin with, quality is a consideration that directly influences the longevity of weft hair and other extensions. Always choose high-quality hair extensions that are made from genuine human hair and have a clear source. Human hair extensions have a distinct benefit in terms of personalization, allowing you to style, color, and treat them in the same way that you would your actual hair. This extraordinary adaptability not only improves the overall quality of the extensions but also greatly helps your enjoyment of them.
Purchasing human hair extensions ensures that you are selecting a product that is compatible with your specific tastes and styling requirements. Human hair has a more natural appearance and feel, making it easier to blend with your own hair. This flawless integration not only improves the extensions’ cosmetic appeal but also contributes to their durability.
- High-quality weft gives authentic and natural look.
- High-quality weft hair is often more versatile when it comes to styling (curled, straightened, and colored)
- Investing in premium weft hair ensures longevity and durability
- Higher initial cost
Do Not Sleep with Wet Hair
Wet hair is more prone to tangling and breaking. Not only does sleeping with wet hair increase the chance of breakage, but it also produces an environment susceptible to fungal growth and scalp problems. Dampness can cause an imbalance in the natural pH of the scalp, which can cause discomfort and irritation.
Make sure your hair is completely dry before going to bed. After bathing, gently towel-dry your hair, avoiding aggressive rubbing that can cause friction and damage. Allow your hair to air-dry before gently combing it through for a natural drying method.
- Prevents breakage as wet hair increases the fragility of wet strands.
- Prevents fungal growth when a damp environment is conducive to fungal growth
- Maintain the integrity of the style, ensuring it lasts longer.
- Drying your hair may take some time.
Brush Your Hand-Tied Extensions Properly
Brushing your hand-tied extensions properly is essential for their longevity. Picture the undesirable appearance of unruly hair resembling a crow’s nest. While it may appear to be a daily practice, it is worth reevaluating to verify that you are performing it appropriately. Begin by detangling your hair with a wide-tooth comb, beginning at the tips and working your way up to the roots. To prevent tangles, use a gentle brushing method twice a day. To avoid unnecessary stress on the bonds, use a wide-tooth comb or a specialist extension brush to begin at the tips and work your way up. This may appear to be a simple chore, but it is not emphasized as necessary as it would be.
Use Extension-Friendly Products
Caring for hair products also plays an important role in prolonging hair extensions’ lifespan. When choosing a product, you need to carefully read the ingredients. There are good protective and nourishing components; however, some elements are in contrast. Treat your extensions like royalty with sulfate-free, extension-friendly shampoos and conditioners. These products will help maintain the integrity of the hair and keep it looking as fabulous as day one. Besides, use nourishing products that contain nourishing ingredients such as coconut, olive, and argan oil that help your hair extensions
Click here to see:
- Using milder substances for hair extensions, hydrating and nourishing, and bringing healthier-looking hair.
- These products can lower the chance of hair breakage, which helps hair extensions last longer.
- Help hair have a smoother texture and more luster.
- High-quality products can be significantly more expensive.
- Not everyone may have easy access to or afford expensive hair care products.
Choosing Silk Pillowcases
Invest in a silk pillowcase to improve your beauty sleep! It not only feels wonderful, but it also reduces friction, reducing wear and tear on your extensions. Silk’s smooth texture is soft not only on your hair but also on your skin. When you rest your head on a silk pillowcase, you’ll notice how smoothly it slides, reducing friction that can contribute to frizz and damage.
Silk pillowcases are well-known for their ability to keep dampness at bay. Unlike ordinary cotton pillows, silk helps your hair and skin retain natural oils, reducing dryness. This is very useful for hair extensions.
When purchasing a silk pillowcase, consider the momme count, which shows the weight and quality of the silk fabric. A higher momme count often suggests a more durable and sumptuous pillowcase.
- The smooth and slippery surface of silk pillowcases reduces friction between the hair and the pillow.
- Because silk is less absorbent than cotton, it aids in the retention of natural oils and moisture in the hair.
- Silk’s silky, smooth texture is kind to hair, lowering the chance of breakage and split ends.
- It can help reduce frizz by preventing hair from rubbing against a rough surface while sleeping
- Silk pillowcases are often more expensive than those made of other materials.
- Silk is a fragile fabric that requires careful care.
- Silk pillowcases may have fewer design options than cotton or other materials.
- The slick texture of silk might cause pillows to slip off the bed while sleeping.
Minimize Heat Damage
Heat damage should be avoided at all costs to ensure the health and lifespan of your natural hair and extensions. While styling tools can help you achieve the perfect appearance, they can also cause damage to your strands if not utilized properly.
Consider introducing a dependable heat protectant spray into your styling regimen to protect your hair and extensions from the damaging effects of heat. These sprays create a barrier on your hair that protects it from the high temperatures released by styling products. Applying a heat protectant before utilizing heat styling products is a simple yet effective preventative measure.
When using heat styling tools, keep the temperature settings in mind. To obtain the desired style, use the lowest effective level. Higher temperatures may speed up the styling process, but they also increase the possibility of damaging your hair and extensions.
Furthermore, exposure to sunlight and proximity to open flames can endanger the longevity of your extensions. While it may appear that sunlight is harmless, it can contribute to the destruction of hair extensions over time. Prolonged exposure to UV radiation can cause color loss, dryness, and strand deterioration. When spending extended periods of time outside, consider wearing caps or scarves to protect your extensions from the sun’s possibly detrimental effects. Alternatively, you can use a UV protectant spray to offer an extra layer of protection against the sun’s rays.
- Reducing heat damage helps to preserve the quality of hair extensions, as excessive heat can cause dryness, frizz, and cuticle damage.
- You may increase the life of your hair extensions by avoiding extreme heat.
- Preserve the integrity of the hair, lowering the danger of these problems.
- Maintain hair’s natural gloss and luster.
- When styling or drying, utilizing lower heat settings or air-drying may take longer than using high heat.
- Reducing heat damage may reduce the intensity of some haircuts.
The longevity of hand-tied weft extensions is determined by factors such as the quality of the extensions or the care routine. The inquiry ”How long do hand-tied weft extensions last?” motivates an investigation of the key elements that influence the lifespan of these extensions. Maintenance is critical in increasing the longevity of hand-tied weft extensions; moderate washing with sulfate-free products, avoiding excessive heat styling, and utilizing protective hairstyles can all help to preserve the quality of the extensions. I hope this post helped you find the answer for yourself. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Luxshine Hair in order to receive assistance or to add stunning weft hair extensions to your collection!
View more here: The Difference Between Hand Tied vs Tape In Extensions