You have just gotten your first hair extensions and you are so delighted to have given yourself a whole new appearance. However, after a time, you wish to give them a curl as per your preference. But first, you must be wondering can you curl human hair extensions. If you can, how to do it? And what are the best methods available for you to do this right without damaging your beloved hairpieces?
Don’t stress it because there are various ways to curl your human hair extensions. No matter whether your extensions are clip-in, tape-in, or micro ring/loop, you can curl it using hot tools or not without damaging them. Keep reading on to learn more.
Can you curl human hair extensions by yourself?
Now you have known you can do that. But can you curl human hair extensions by yourself or you need to go to a hair salon? You would be tempted to do it the easy way by having a hairstylist done it for you. But this is usually not that necessary because this is something that you can easily do all by yourself.
All the methods that professional hairstylists use to curl your hair extensions are usually easy and simple to follow. You can check out online tutorials or YouTube videos to learn the methods. With this way, you will be able to save yourself money that your hairstylist will charge. And what’s more, once you get the knowledge, you can always curl the hair extensions the way you desire.
Please note that there are also curly human hair extensions available on LuxshineHair online store and you could get ready from the shop if you fret at the task of having to do the same by yourself.
How to curl your human hair extensions?
Let’s be honest. Who doesn’t love curly moments? They add body, texture and a touch of exoticness. And the sweetest part is, there are various ways to curl your human hair extensions without damaging them. Let’s go over these ways now.
Curl your human hair extension with a curling wand
If you want tight, long-lasting curls, a curling wand can work perfectly to help you achieve those locks. This is by far the easiest and also the quickest method to curl your human hair extension. Just ensure that you get a high-quality product that will work for you while not damaging your valuable hair extensions. And be sure to use a heat protectant before you curl hair extensions. This can help to limit the damage caused by hot temperatures.
When it comes to curling your human hair extensions with a curling wand, there are two available options:
- The strand by strand curling method. This is considered to be the easiest and quickest method which can be completed between twenty and forty minutes.
- The ponytail curling method. It is a great choice if you want your extensions curled immediately. With this method, you can achieve your curly locks in just less than five minutes.
Curling the hair extension without heat
Well, the business of curling hair extensions is not only limited to the use of heat styling tools. There are various ways to curl your hair without necessarily using hot temperatures. In fact the heatless method is the best way to guarantee the durability of your extensions. The only disadvantage of this option is that it takes a rather long time to get the desired results.
Common options available for this method:
- Flexi rods: Flexi rods are foam rods that you wrap around sections of damp hair to achieve curls. They are an inexpensive and damage-free way to achieve curls. The bendable rods come in different sizes that you can select based on the results you’re seeking: the thinner the rod, the tighter the curl.
- Snail Rollers: Snail rollers are pieces of plastic that you loop damp hair extensions into using a hook that comes with the snail rollers. The roller tightens up creating a curling effect once the hair is removed.
- Braiding: This is a very simple and totally free method of getting wavy curls All you need to do is dampening your hair, applying a setting spray or mousse then braiding it into multiple braids, and letting it dry overnight. And you will get beautiful curls the next morning.
Now that you know the answer for: can you curl your human hair extensions and how to do it. You can choose the best method for your needs and styles.