Long, voluminous locks will always be in style, but some of us need hair extensions to help us get that added length and volume we want. Hair extensions have become a popular solution for modern women to achieve the hair of their dreams. But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to determine which ones are the best for you. Fear not, this blog will serve as your ultimate guide to finding the which is the best hair extensions to suit your needs!
Which is the best types of hair extensions?
Clip-in hair extensions
Clip-in hair extensions are one of the easiest ways to dress up your hair, lengthen it, or give it some volume when you’re in a pinch. They are designed with some metal clip attached to the hair, which is then clipped into your hair. You can apply them yourself in 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add length and volume instantly
- No proficient help is required for the application
- A temporary change without a long-term commitment
- Can be reused multiple times
- Suitable for occasional wear
- May cause discomfort if not properly placed.
Price: 100-200$ per set
Sew-in hair extensions
Sew in is a type of hair extension that is sewn into your hair to install them. Sewing the extensions may be an incredible way to form beyond any doubt the extensions don’t harm your hair. This strategy is known as a traditional hair extension.
- More secure and long-lasting than clip-ins.
- Blends well with natural hair.
- Suitable for various hair types.
- Can add significant volume and length.
- Requires professional application and removal.
- May cause tension on the scalp if not installed properly.
- Not as easy to remove as clip-ins.
Tape-in hair extension
Tape-in is a type of hair extension that consists of lean, pre-taped wefts of hair that are connected to your common hair employing a medical-grade adhesive tape. This adhesive tape is ordinarily made of hypoallergenic and secure materials that won’t cause harm to your hair.
- Fast and simple application prepare
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Mixes well with characteristic hair
- Reusable and long-lasting with proper care.
- Professional application and removal are required
- A few individuals may be sensitive to adhesive
Fusion hair extensions
Fusion hair extensions are known as “pre-bonded” extensions. The process involves attaching small individual strands of human hair to the wearer’s natural hair using a bonding agent. There are different shape of bonds including I-tip, U-tip, V-tip, Y-tip, ..which is suitable for the requirement of individuals.
- They can last a long time up to 3-4 weeks before they need to be reapplied ( due to your natural hair growth)
- It’s the versatility that can be used to create any hairstyle (ponytail, braids, curls or straighten your curls).
- The process of applying fusion extensions can be time-consuming
- Fusion extensions must be applied by a trained and experienced professional
- High cost and extra fee( application fee)
- No idea about thin hair because it could stress your natural hair
Halo hair extensions
Halo extensions are a voluminous layer of hair that is expertly colored and arranged in a stratified manner. It is positioned on your head much like a headband, featuring a discreet and comfortable fine line that conceals beneath your own hair. This design allows the halo extension to seamlessly merge with your natural hair, rendering it completely inconspicuous.
- No requirement for clips, tape, or sticks during the application
- Completely for natural hair
- Tender on normal hair
- You can adjust and customize it to fit your head
- May feel less secure compared to others
- Can’t tie hair up while wearing them
What is the best way to take care of hair extensions?
To take care of hair extensions you should wash your hair extensions correctly. Using special shampoo and conditioner for hair extensions. Always wash them in warm, not hot water, as the temperature can have a negative effect on both your natural hair and the hair extensions. You shouldn’t overwash because it could make your hair frizzy and tangle. We recommend you wash 3 times a week. Remember to secure your hair extensions before sleep and never sleep with your hair extensions wet.
How long can you keep hair extensions in?
Tape extensions typically endure for approximately 4 to 8 weeks, sew-in extensions necessitate replacement 6 to 8 weeks, while fusion extensions can last up to four months but may require repositioning every 3 or 4 months.
Can you take a shower with hair extensions?
In reality, you could take a shower with your hair extensions. But we do not recommend you to do it. When you take a shower, the water will lose the bond or tape of hair extensions.
However, if you find yourself in an irresistible situation, there are some precautions you can take to minimize damage. Gently gather your hair and extensions into bun and avoid letting them get excessively wet. Using a shower cap can also provide an extra layer of protection, shielding the extensions from direct water exposure.
How do you sleep with hair extensions?
To safeguard both your natural hair and hair extensions while sleeping, it’s crucial to handle them with care. before to bedtime, opt for a loose braid or ponytail to prevent tangling and reduce friction between your hair and the pillowcase. A wise choice would be to use a silk or satin pillowcase instead of cotton, as these materials create less friction, reducing the risk of tangled hair and excessive strain on the extensions.
For added protection, especially if your hair extensions are prone to tangling or matting, consider using a sleep cap or hair net. These items will help keep the extensions securely contained and shielded while you rest.
Within this blog, we aim to equip modern women like you with valuable insights into the various types of hair extensions, including their advantages and disadvantages. By doing so, we hope to help you determine the perfect hair extension that suits your preferences. Realizing the hair you’ve always dreamed of is now achievable. Should you have any inquiries regarding these extensions, feel free to reach out to Luxshine Hair’s customer services for expert assistance!