Nowadays, many women choose hair extensions to hide their hair’s weaknesses. There are two main kinds are synthetic and human hair extensions. Although human hair should be better but some people opt for synthetic hair for some reasons. In fact, synthetic hair is cheaper and is nearly similar to human hair about outside look. But because of several specific of synthetic hair, it requires a good care to last longer. Today, Luxshinehair will give you how to take care of synthetic hair to prolong its life time as well as keep it beautiful as possible.
What is Synthetic Hair?
Before finding out what synthetic hair is, start with a brief background of human hair. As can be known, human hair is made from a protein, called keratin. And, the keratin is known as a natural polymer.
In contrast, synthetic hair contains man-made fibers. But it nearly looks like human hair and is quite hard to differentiate between them. However, different from human hair, synthetic hair is created from man-made polymers and plastics instead of keratin.
How to Take Care of Synthetic Hair?
1. Washing Synthetic Hair
Shampooing your synthetic hair once per 2 weeks is proper. But, if you don’t apply any hair styling products like hairspray, you can completely wait for a month until the next washing.
At first, before shampooing, you need to brush the synthetic hair carefully. Prepare a sink full of warm or cold water. What about hot water? In fact, hot water can change the style of synthetic hair, so avoid it when washing.
Add a little of shampoo into the water you have prepared, then wash your synthetic hair gently.
Avoid brushing your hair with your fingers since it can change the texture of the synthetic hair. Wait for around 10 minutes after removing and rinsing gently. Always be sure that you rinse your piece in the same direction as the synthetic hair lies.
Note: How to choose the right shampoo for synthetic hair?
- Always use shampoo formulated for synthetic hair. So, how to choose the right shampoo? You can also purchase a baby shampoo or a mild shampoo in case you can’t find a kind specialized in synthetic hair. However, many shampooing products are not labeled strong or milk. What should you do? Seek those without “sulfates”, known as a strong cleansing agent. These kinds of shampoo are much lighter and gentler for your synthetic hair. There is often word of “sulfate-free” on the covering of these shampooing bottle. Pay attention to them!
- In addition, you can buy a kind of shampoo for synthetic wigs to wash your synthetic hair.
2. Conditioning Synthetic Hair
What is the best conditioner for the synthetic hair? You should purchase an oil conditioner. Then rinse off 90% and leave just a little of the conditioner to stop tangling.
Besides, if your synthetic hair is facing too much tangling, choose a conditioner specialized in detangling the hair. But, you have to do this carefully to avoid ruffling the texture of synthetic hair. As a matter of fact, it is unnecessary for you to moisturize the synthetic hair because it is not natural and can’t absorb moisture. In general, conditioners are often labeled moisturizing, detangling or volumizing outside of the bottle. Thus, you can find the detangling conditioner easily.
3. Drying Synthetic Hair
It is the fact that no drying methods are better than air drying for synthetic hair. Never blow dry the synthetic hair despite any reasons. Firstly, blow drying the hair can change its textures forever. Besides, it also leads to a variety of damages like tangling or even destroying the extensions completely. So, all you need to do is just to put the hair in a towel and then wait until it is dry.
4. Brushing Synthetic Hair
After you synthetic hair is dry totally, brush it with a bristle brush to get rid of knots. If you want to make the hair extension softer, use some leave-in conditioner. What’s more, it is necessary to apply an oil-shine spray that is formulated for synthetic hair. This will contribute to stopping the synthetic hair from dry and dull.
5. Style Synthetic Hair
In fact, there is still a few of synthetic hair specially made to be able to use with hoot tools. If you are possess such synthetic hair, be sure to turn on a cool setting or a low temperature setting when using flat irons or curling irons. If not, the hair will be actually melt. How terrible it is! Therefore, you need to be careful with these hot tools if you want to style your synthetic hair.
What to Remember When Caring Synthetic Hair?
- One of the most important things to remember is not to expose the synthetic hair to heat including water used to wash it or kinds of hair dryer.
- Make sure the place to store the synthetic hair extension is cool. Because if put in hot environment, it can be melt.
- Always be gentle with the synthetic hair especially when you brush or wash it. Don’t forget that the hair is able to be pulled out of the clip area or become tangling in case you treat it too roughly.
We have shown you several tips to take care of your synthetic hair. Hope that the information above will be helpful to you. If you want to discover find out good human hair extensions, visit Luxshinehair. We provide a lot of high-quality hair extensions made from 100% Vietnamese human hair, which promises to bring you satisfaction. Continue to read our article to know more about other hair care tips.