Every day, we are bombarded with images of celebrities flaunting their stunning, luscious locks in magazines and on television. However, some individuals are naturally blessed with beautiful hair, many others rely on hair extensions to achieve an alluring and luxuriant hairstyle. In fact, hair extensions have skyrocketed in popularity, capturing the spotlight like never before.
Why are hair extensions becoming increasingly popular and alluring? Which hair extensions are considered the best options to try? Discover the answers to these questions as Luxshinehair delve into this blog post on hair extension reviews: the top 9 best hair extensions.
Why are hair extensions more and more popular?
Hair extensions have witnessed a surge in popularity due to a multitude of factors:
Instantly transform your style
Unlike many other beauty treatments that require time to see results, hair extensions offer an instant transformation, allowing you to enjoy your new look without delay and experience an immediate boost in confidence. Within just one or two hours, you can customize the length of your hair, add volume, and enhance texture effortlessly. With the right technique, no one will be able to tell that you’re wearing extensions as they seamlessly blend with your natural hair. Opting for high-quality Remy hair extensions ensures that you can enjoy luxurious, soft, glossy, and sleek hair throughout the year.
Hold your curls
We’ve all been there – spending hours meticulously styling our hair for a special occasion, only to see our efforts go to waste as the waves or curls barely last the night. This struggle is especially familiar to those with fine and thin hair. No matter how many hair products we try, achieving long-lasting waves or curls seems impossible. However, the solution lies in hair extensions. By using the finest Remy cuticle hair, extensions offer a thick and luxurious texture that holds curls far better than your natural hair ever could.
Say goodbye to the frustration of fleeting hairstyles and embrace the confidence of knowing your curls will last throughout the entire night. With the help of high-quality extensions, you can effortlessly enjoy a body and style that endures, allowing you to shine and make the most of any occasion.
Let your hair grow
In our daily lives, our natural hair bears the brunt of environmental stressors and potential damage. However, with the use of hair extensions, a significant portion of your hair is concealed underneath, offering a much-needed respite from constant styling and heat tools. This allows your natural hair to take a break and recover without any harm caused. So, not only can you enjoy the beauty of long and luxurious locks with extensions, but you can also prioritize the health of your natural hair. Over time, this nurturing environment promotes healthier hair growth.
What are the pros and cons of hair extensions?
You are thinking of getting hair extensions but have been getting mixed messages as to the pros and cons? Luxshinehair is here to provide you with all the details necessary for you to make a well-informed choice!
Tape-in hair extensions are a popular semi-permanent technique used to extend hair length and volume. These extensions involve attaching a weft of hair to the root using two adhesive tab-like pieces, resembling a sandwich, resulting in a flawless and long-lasting connection with the natural hair.
Pros of tape in:
- Easy and quick to install.
- Minimal damage to natural hair during application and removal.
- Relatively inexpensive, when compared to other types of hair extensions
- Can be reused multiple times.
- Blend seamlessly with natural hair.
- Allow for easy styling and style
Cons of tape in:
- Require professional application for optimal results.
- Can be visible and discomfort if not installed correctly
- Not suitable for individuals with thin or weak hair.
- Limited options for hair texture and length.
Pre-bonded, also known as fusion bonded extensions, is a type of hair extension that is attached to the natural hair using keratin, a protein that your own hair is made of. Keratin tends to be gentler on the hair than many of the other silicon-based glues that are used with extensions. The keratin comes in various shapes such as I, V, U, W, and Y shape.
Pros of pre-bonded:
- Look natural and the bonds are virtually undetectable.
- More secure and less likely to slip compared to other types of extensions.
- Great choice if you have a busy active life.
- Can last for several months
- Blend in with your natural hair so well.
Cons of pre-bonded:
- The application of method requires heat to melt and fuse the bond of hair
- Removal is different from other methods (using acetone or the same substances)
- Need to use a new keratin bond before reuse
- Require a professional hairstylist for application and removal process
Weft hair extensions are a type of hair extension that is made by sewing or stitching individual strands of hair onto a continuous strip, known as a weft. The weft is typically made of a strong and durable material, such as fabric or lace, which keeps the hair strands together and then attached to your natural hair by sewn into a braid with a needle and thread.
Pros of hair weaves:
- A safe and non-damaging method to lengthen your hair.
- Strong and can withstand various physical activities such as sleeping, and swimming without slipping.
- Average price, making them accessible to a wide range of individuals.
- Freedom to style your hair in any desired way.
- Durable and have a long lifespan, lasting upwards of six months to a year with proper care.
- No require glue or heat to apply, therefore causing minimal damage to the hair.
- Suitable for all hair types, but they work exceptionally well with coarse and thick hair. No glue or Heat is required for their application, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
Cons of hair weaves:
- Thin hair needs to be careful as if the weft is too heavy it can pull harshly on natural hair.
- If the braid is too tight, it can cause pain in the scalp and headaches even hair loss.
- If the hair is not washed on a regular basis, bacteria can accumulate and cause inflammation.
The lace closure is a hairpiece that is used to cover the top portion of the head where the hairline would be, typically installed with weaves or extensions. It is made of a piece of lace material with hair strands ventilated or sewn into it. Lace closures are commonly used in combination with wefts to create full wigs, resulting in a seamless and natural-looking appearance. These closures come in various sizes, including 2×6, 4×4, 5×5, and 6×6, to accommodate different styling preferences and coverage needs.
Pros of lace closure:
- Give a natural look because lace is thin and transparent, allowing it to blend seamlessly with your skin and hairline
- Protect your natural hair
- Easy to maintain
- Lower price than frontal lace
Cons of lace closure
- Limit your styling process by only exploring 3 styles (middle part, free part, and three-part options)
- Sometimes is not fit to use since people have different head sizes, while lace is quite small and coverage is not high
A lace frontal is a type of hairpiece that is installed through sewing or bonding methods. These frontals are specifically designed to enhance the natural appearance of wigs and hair extensions. Typically, they measure around 4 inches from the hairline towards the back and extend 13 inches across, providing coverage from ear to ear.
Additionally, there are variations available with a size of 13×6, offering specific styling preferences. The versatility of lace frontals enables you to experiment with various hairstyles, including center parts, side parts, and even ponytails, all while maintaining a natural and seamless look.
Pros of lace frontal:
- Give a realistic look and are hard to detect since high coverage of the frontal
- Allow you to style your hair in different ways (free part, side part, or three parts)
- Allow your natural hair to breathe
- Protect your hair
Cons of lace frontal:
- Require a lot of work because need plenty of tweaking during the initial installation ( tinting, tweezing, trimming baby hairs, bleaching the knots)
- More expensive than closures.
A lace front wig is a wig that has a sheer lace attached to the crown of the wig to blend with your skin easily and resemble your natural hairline. The lace base is typically made of French lace or Swiss lace, which provides a natural-looking hairline and scalp appearance.
Pros of lace wigs:
- Give natural appearance with scalp-like appearance gives the illusion that the hair is growing directly from your scalp
- Easier to do with variety of hairstyles
- Breathability since the lace material used in lace wigs allows for better airflow to the scalp,
- Last a long time, even with daily use, lifespan is around one to two years.
Cons of lace wigs:
- High cost since they are made from human hair and require high technique
- Need more maintenance than ones
- Require maintain regularly
Clip-in hair extensions are a type of extension that can be easily attached to your natural hair using sewn-in clips on the weft. They come in varying widths to suit different sections of the head, with one clip for the front of the ear and three or four clips for the back of the head. The typical clip in set contains 7 pieces which is flexible to add length and volume to your hair easily and flexibly.
Pros of clip in:
- Versatility allows for easy daily application or removal.
- Commitment-free option, enabling you to change colors and lengths as desired.
- Putting them in and taking them out is a breeze, eliminating the need for salon Affordable prices compared to other extension methods
- No damage to your natural hair.
Cons of clip in:
- Not be suitable for thin hair
- Not designed for prolonged wear
- Risk of the extensions falling out or shifting throughout the day
Weft with beads
Beaded weft hair extensions involve attaching wefts of hair to your natural hair using small beads. These beads are securely clamped to hold the extensions in place, without the need for damaging glues, heat, or chemicals found in other attachment methods.
Pros of weft with beads:
- Move easily without stressing the hair
- Suitable for physical activity (yoga, workout, running,..)
- Non-damage your natural hair because it does not require glue or heat to apply
- Ultra-discrete, you’ll forget you’re wearing it! Because they use small beads to attach the weft to your hair and scalp
Cons of weft with beads:
- Require high technique from hairstylist
- Visibility when touching the hair, the beads may be slightly visible or felt, depending on the placement and thickness of the weft.
Ponytails are a type of hair extension that is designed to add length, volume, and style to a person’s ponytail hairstyle. They are designed with a small comb or clip attachment that allows them to be easily secured to the wearer’s natural hair. The extensions are then styled and blended with the natural hair, creating a fuller and longer-looking ponytail.
Pros of ponytail:
- Add volume, and length quickly, convenient and less time consuming
- Change your look without damaging your natural hair
- Keeps hair out of the face which can be beneficial during physical activities, work, or when you want a neat and clean look
- Suitable for active lifestyles
Cons of ponytail:
- Limited hairstyle compared to other type of extensions
- Scalp discomfort if you type your hair in a ponytail too tightly
Not all hair extensions are created equal, as each type comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. There is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to hair extensions, and it’s important to take certain factors into account when making a choice. One effective way to gain insights is by exploring hair extension reviews from customers or expert blogs in the field of hair extensions. This blog aims to assist you by presenting Top 9 best hair extensions. Hope that they help you well. Additionally, if you have any concerns or require assistance, Luxshinehair is available to provide guidance.