Tape in hair extensions offer undeniable benefits for those who adore hair extensions. However, some individuals may encounter challenges when it comes to their removal. Improper removal not only leaves hair bonding glue looking and feeling unsightly but can also lead to significant hair damage. This blog will describe a step-by-step guide to the most effective methods for safely removing bonding glue from your hair by hair extension glue.
Below, we’ll go through two reliable techniques that ensure a successful glue removal process, leaving your hair looking and feeling fabulous once more. Let’s explore these methods, guaranteeing a damage-free experience as you reclaim the beauty of your tresses.
How to remove hair extension glue
In this section, we’ll provide a detailed guide on safely removing hair extension glue. The two commonly used methods involve acetone and specialized glue removers.
However, we strongly advise looking for professional assistance for extension removal process. Bonding materials can be tricky to handle and may lead to breakage and harm to your natural hair. If circumstances demand a DIY approach, consider enlisting the help of a trusted friend who can spot and effectively remove the hair glue residue with precision.
Hair glue remover
The most popular hair extension brands also make a hair glue remover that is specially designed to remove glue from your hair strands.These products are supplied under our own brand, Luxshine Hair. Besides, various hair glue removers are readily available in the market and can be purchased from drug stores, salons, or beauty supply stores.”
To try this method:
- Place the towel around your workstation to catch any glue residue or accidental spills. Make sure you are working in good lighting and a comfortable position.
- Apply carefully extension glue remover by taking a cotton ball with the hair extension glue remover. Avoid getting the remover on your scalp or the rest of your hair.
- Let‘s glue remover sit on the bonds for 1 to 5 minutes, depending on the product you’re using.
- After the glue remover has had enough time to work, use a comb to gently separate and loosen the extensions from your hair. Start from the end and work your way up to the bonds. Be patient and avoid tugging or pulling forcefully to prevent damage to your natural hair.
- Once the extensions are removed, use the comb or your fingers to gently remove any remaining glue residue from your hair. To help your hair recover from the process, apply some hair conditioner or natural oil to restore moisture and softness.
Acetone / nail polish remover
Acetone is perhaps best known as a nail polish remover. Regular nail polish removers are often not pure acetone. So, these won’t be as effective. Be sure if you try this technique to use nail polish remover that is 100% pure acetone.
Nail polish remover can be purchased at most beauty supply stores and is relatively inexpensive
To try this method:
- Wear latex gloves before beginning. Acetone is a powerful chemical that can cause irritation, so protecting your hands is a must.
- Apply the nail polish remover (i.e., acetone) by using a cotton ball, to only the areas affected by the glue. Acetone may dry out your hair, causing it to become brittle and break, so careful application is necessary.
- Allow the acetone to sit for a few minutes. The glue will begin to harden and will lose its sticky, glue-like consistency.
- Once the glue has hardened, use a comb to gently remove the glue from your hair. After you’re content that all the glue has been successfully removed, wash your hair with shampoo and follow up with an ultra-hydrating conditioner.
See more videos below:
Removing tape from hair using glue remover and acetone doesn’t have to be overly complicated, but it does require careful handling. To ensure a safe and successful removal process without harming your hair, consider the following helpful tips:
- Be patient during the removal process to avoid pulling or tugging. Rushing can lead to unnecessary damage to your hair
- Let’s get test a small area first before applying the remover to your entire head to make sure you don’t have any adverse reactions.
- You should apply a small amount of remover and let it sit for a few minutes to soften the adhesive. Avoid saturating the tape, as excessive glue remover can seep into your natural hair and cause damage.
- Avoid excessive heat and styling after the removal process. Let your hair recover and repair itself naturally.
- After removing process, wash your hair with a gentle shampoo to get rid of any remaining hair glue remover or acetone.
Hair care after glue removal
After removing hair extension glue, take care of your hair to restore its health and prevent any damage is very important. Here are some hair care tips
- Use a mild and sulfate-free shampoo to wash your hair. Gently massage your scalp and hair to remove any remaining residue from the glue remover.
- Apply a nourishing conditioner to your hair, focusing on the ends. This will help replenish moisture and prevent dryness.
- If you notice any split ends or damaged hair, consider getting a small trim to promote healthy hair growth.
- Use deep conditioning treatments or hair masks once a week to provide extra nourishment to your hair.
- Avoid washing your hair too frequently can strip it of natural oils, leading to dryness. Aim for washing every 2-3 days or as needed based on your hair type.
- Avoid brushing your hair when it’s wet, as wet hair is more fragile and prone to breakage.
- Be cautious with the products you use on your hair. Avoid harsh chemicals and opt for gentle, hair-friendly products.
- Drinking plenty of water and eating a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals will contribute to the overall health of your hair.
Removing the process properly is key to maintaining the health and beauty of your natural hair. The repercussions of mishandling hair bonding glue can be dire, resulting in unattractive outcomes and potential damage. By following the step-by-step techniques outlined in this blog, you can confidently take on the road of safely eliminating glue by hair extension glue from your hair.
Remember, patience and care are crucial during this process, and your hair deserves nothing less than the best treatment. Here’s to healthy, vibrant, and gorgeous hair days ahead!