Best Way To Clean The Lace Frontal Wig
Lace wigs are easy to take off while it is on top of your head, but once you take it off it is going to require some tender, loving care to bring it back to like-new conditions. Follow those steps :
- Remove the adhesive or tape. Start from the polyurethane areas of your lace wig and remove the tape. Use your fingernail to gently scrape up the edge of the tape to start the peeling.
- Soak the lace wig in a plastic or stainless steel container. Soaking times may vary (from 20 minutes to 24 hours) depending on the type of lace wig and adhesive you’re using.
- Clean your lace wig. Remove your lace wig from the solution and lay it in a sink face up (the hair will be on the bottom). To clean the lace areas gently brush the swollen adhesive residue with a fingernail brush to loosen and break it free.
- Rinse your lace wig. Move your wig from the solvent back into the sink. Squirt a lot of hand dishwashing liquid onto the base while it is still dripping wet with solvent. Gently glide the fingernail brush across the edge of the base and out through the hair — all the remaining adhesive residue should slide off easily. After a few minutes of brushing, rinse your wig with high-pressure lukewarm water down through the base.
- Shampoo and condition your lace wig. Finally, after rinsing thoroughly, wash the unit again. This time use a mild shampoo to balance the acid level.
Your lace wig should now be clean and clear of any old adhesive residue. Regular cleaning is recommended to keep your lace wig looking fresh and beautiful.