Top 7 inspiring hairstyles for clip in extensions
Clip in hair extensions is the most convenient hair extensions method available. It adds length and volume to your hair while saving you time thanks to the simple installation. Yet, to get a seamless look with the clip-ins, it’s essential to choose the right hairstyle. And below are our recommended hairstyles for clip in extensions you should try for a natural look.
Half up half down
This half up half down hairstyle is both playful and sexy. It looks cute on everyone.
To get this look with your clip-in hair extensions, you need to clip most of the wefts to the lower half of your hair. Then, clip in a few smaller wefts upside down to the half-pony part. In this way, you can ensure a seamless look when you pull a part of your hair up into a ponytail. After that, secure the half ponytail with a hair tie and fluff your hair up a bit for more volume.
Once you’ve attached your clip-in hair extensions your hair, brush the hair carefully and drag it all to the side. Tie your hair using an elastic band. Then, wrap your hair around the ponytail base and secure it with a bobby pin.
You can clip an extension into the base before wrapping it if you plan to use one. Check carefully to see if it’s secure on your hair tie. After that, use your natural hair to wrap the ponytail base so that nothing comes out or unravels when you are moving around.
High buns are a common choice for girls who want a hairstyle that suits every occasion. This is the guide to get the look:
- Divide your hair into smaller sections like how you do while applying clip-ins.
- Then, clip your first piece of hair extensions up high and, in the position, where you want to place the bun. Make sure all the pieces are clipped together in the right position so that the wefts and clips are invisible under your hair.
- Comb through your hair and pull it back into a high ponytail
- Twist and wrap the ponytail into a big messy bun and secure it in place with bobby pins
Space buns are a cute choice for your hairstyles for clip in extensions. They can go with you to festivals, party looks, concerts, etc. To get this look, you will do as follows:
- Clip in most of the hair to the lower half and divide your top half into two sections which split evenly down the middle.
- Take some bobby pins and spin around the hair with one of the two sections at a time.
- Use bobby pins to secure different areas of the bun and pull out strays where necessary. You can leave out some bangs to finish the look while framing your face.
Side bun hairstyles for clip in extensions
You can also wrap your ponytail around itself till it comes to a stop after putting it together as a low pony. Use a low pony or a side pony for a more edgy appearance, or both for a simple and stylish bun. We suggest you create the style with curly or wavy hair for a fuller look.
With your natural hair, it can be challenging to achieve this style because it causes creases in your hair. You can make the braid before attaching clip-in hair extensions to the hair. Once you’re satisfied with your braid, hide the clip by slipping it into the root of a section of hair slightly behind the ear. For a seamless, perfectly natural-looking braided headband, bobby pin the other side in the same place.
What about more braids? The fishtail braid, another one of our favorites, is surprisingly simple to learn. The French fishtail, which descends from the crown of the head, is the most popular variety. Once perfected, this braid style can be worn for both festivals and funerals.